Take Back and Recycle Program
Lumenera provides its customers with an environmentally responsible solution for returning Lumenera products that have reached their end-of-life.
Legislative and environmental factors present many companies with the challenge of managing their technology waste. As part of a comprehensive eWaste management initiative, Lumenera is offering this Takeback & Recycle program to provide its customers with a way of sending back Lumenera equipment for proper treatment, recovery, recycling, and environmentally sound disposal.
The equipment returned to Lumenera through this program will be handled in an environmentally safe manner using processes that comply with all eWaste regulations — such as the EU WEEE Directive, Switzerland regulations, all EPA guidelines, and U.S. Federal, state, and local laws.
The Lumenera Takeback & Recycle Program has been structured to make the return disposal of Lumenera products easy and cost-effective. Follow these basic steps to get started:
- Contact Lumenera at email@example.com to receive an RMA number:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org: identify “Takeback and Recycle Program” in the subject line of your email to us. Please clearly identify exactly which product you are returning by listing the model and serial number of the camera. A Support representative will contact you with your RMA number.
- Pack your equipment.
- It is important for you to attach a tag listing all of the following pertinent information to the outside of the packaging box so that Lumenera can efficiently process your product for recycling:
- “Takeback and Recycle Program”
- Customer name and address
- Camera serial number
- RMA number
Ship your product to Lumenera for disposal. Upon completion of the recycling process, Lumenera will provide you with documentation about the handling and treatment of the returned product and can provide a Certificate of Destruction (COD) upon request releasing your business from any further liability for the equipment.
Terms and Conditions
Customers accept the following terms and conditions when they submit a Takeback & Recycle request:
- The returned product may not be contaminated with substances that are hazardous to health or harmful to the environment.
- Customer is responsible for the deletion/removal/cleansing of any sensitive data contained in or on devices that are returned to Lumenera.
- Packaging Conditions — All products are to be labelled with a clearly visible RMA number and all of the pertinent information listed above.
- Recycling Fees — Lumenera will pay for all recycling fees related to the treatment,recovery, recycling and environmentally sound disposal of the product submitted through this program.
- Shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer.
- Assignment — The customer assigns all rights in the title and treatment, recovery, recycling and environmentally sound disposal of the recycle product to Lumenera, free and clear of any future encumbrances. The customer warrants that they have clear and merchantable title to the product being shipped to Lumenera.