Lumenera’s Lw560 digital cameras are designed to be a versatile solution for traffic, machine vision, 3D biometrics, ophthalmology and low light imaging. High sensitivity allows these cameras to be deplolyed in the most light challenged applications.
High Resoluion CCD Sensor with Global Shutter
With a fully global electronic shutter and a small image integration time, this camera can capture high-speed motion images with no blur. The scientific grade option is built under a strictly controlled clean room environment to ensure that there are no visible defects found in the optical path. This is a key requirement for applications using collimated light sources.
Vivid Color and NIR Streaming Video Control
The Lw560 utilize a high quality CCD sensor providing great color images in the visible light spectrum and while still being sensitive in the Near Infrared (NIR) light spectrum (with the -WOIR option). Full streaming of uncompressed video along with still image captures are easily controlled through a set of stable and reliable USB device drivers. Region of interest and binning modes allow the camera to run at faster frame rates (23 fps at 640 x 480 resolution) while only providing the image data you need. Image capture synchronization is achievable using either a hardware or software trigger and is complemented by 32 MB of on board memory for frame buffering to ensure delivery of each image to your application.
Both color and monochrome product models are available, as well as enclosed (Lw565) and custom form factors.
Plug and Play with No Framegrabber
The Lw560 is a board level camera module that meets FFC Class B and CE emission requirements. Standardized USB 2.0 cabling and digital interace ensure a simple plug-and-play installation with only one cable to minimize clutter. No framegrabber is required. An general purpose I/O port is provided through a 16 pin Molex connector supporting 4 input and 4 output ports.
- High quality Sony Super HAD ICX655 CCD sensor
- Color or monochrome, interline transfer, progressive scan 5.0 megapixel imager with global electronic shutter
- 32 MB RAM frame buffer
- 4 input and 4 output software controllable GPI/O ports for control of peripherals and synchronization of lighting
- Simplified cabling - video, power and full camera control over a single USB cable
- Binning and Region of Interest (ROI) features improve sensitivity and provide higher frame rates
- Lw560C — 5.0 Megapixel Color Camera Module (Board Level)
- Lw560M — 5.0 Megapixel Monochrome Camera Module (Board Level)
- Lw565M — 5.0 Megapixel Enclosed Monochrome Camera
- Lw565C — 5.0 Megapixel Enclosed Color Camera
- LuSDKSW — Software Developer’s Kit (Web Download)
- LuSDK-DVD — Software Developer’s Kit (DVD)
- La050300 — 5 V DC, 500 mA minimum, 2.1 mm tip, center positive
|Image Sensor||Sony Super HAD ICX655, CCD, Color or Mono, progressive scan|
|Effective Pixels||3.45 x 3.45 µm|
|Frame Rate||9 fps (burst), 8.5 fps (sustained) at full resolution 23 fps at 640 x 480 (at 2 x binning or with ROI)|
|Dynamic Range||58 dB|
|Sensitivity||3.5 DN/(nJ/cm2) [at 8-bit, 1 x gains]|
|Auto Exposure||Automatic / Manual|
|White Balance||Automatic / Manual|
|Dimensions||50.8 x 63.5 x 42.9 mm 1.740 x 2.240 x 2.037 inch|
|Power Requirement||USB bus power (optional 5 V DC, 500 mA minimum, 2.1 mm tip, center positive)|
|Power Consumption||~2.5 W|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50°C|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95%, Non-condensing|
|Interface Connector||USB 2.0|
|Lens Mount||Adjustable C-mount standard, optional adjustable CS-mount available|