Test and Verification Engineer
Position Name: Test and Verification Engineer
Reports to: Product Verification Team Lead
Division or Department: Engineering
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronicsare manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment that reflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for 'Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP], a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper and its affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.
The successful candidate will develop automated testing scripts, perform test and verification on new applications and camera firmware release candidates, perform full release regression testing, and assist with verification of optical and mechanical aspects of new products.
Lumenera designs USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 products requiring driver testing, product verification, and custom requirements validation.
Lumenera also develops Ethernet-based products that operate as stand-alone, Linux devices with a Web-based interface.
Lumenera often develops custom applications for new and existing end users, making ours a fast paced, exciting, and demanding environment.
- Update camera test systems to pertinent firmware for test purposes
- Confirm customer bug reports by re-creating the reported details
- Enter the issues into the Issue tracking system (JIRA)
- Verify that previously reported bugs have been fixed
- Generate Python and C++ scripts for Windows, Linux, and MAC environments
- Automate testing via Jenkins build environment
- Generate workload estimates and time lines for NPI test and verification tasks
- Validate the manufacturing test process to ensure product quality requirements are met
- Experience working with USB devices on USB2.0 and USB3.0
- Basic understanding of camera operations: depth of field, resolution, gain and exposure
- Experience working in Windows, Linux, and MAC environments
- Solid programming skills using Python , C++, and .NET
- Experience in writing batch files and shell scripts
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, quick turn environment where developing test solutions and executing them in short time periods is commonplace
- Creating test processes from scratch based on a requirements document
- Ability to write and follow exact test methodologies yet open minded, capable of thinking outside the box to find solutions to interactive functions
- Familiar with the suite of Microsoft Office applications for desktop processing
- Proven troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Familiarity with basic optical principles and lens operation
- Thorough knowledge of cameras, auto exposure and gain controls, automatic lens operation, CCD and CMOS imaging devices
- Familiar with HTTP, TCP/IP, Telnet, and serial communication protocols
- Familiar with JIRA Issue tracking system
- Experience with SpiraTest or other test management systems
- Experience in continuous integration using Jenkins
- Background in developing test automation
The employee will be required to:
- Work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Lift boxes up to 20lbs in weight, at times overhead onto and off of shelves.
- Undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions. We also provide employees with five paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.
In most positions, we offer three weeks’ vacation to start, and four weeks after five years of continuous service.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a three-month wait period.