Senior Quality Control Inspector
Senior Quality Control Inspector
Position Name: Senior Quality Control Inspector
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Division or Department: Manufacturing
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Lumenera needs an enthusiastic, hands-on individual with an eye for detail to join our team to help us exceed customer expectations with respect to quality products and on-time delivery. The focus is ensuring that all outgoing product is flawless. Teamwork is the key to success in this position.
The Senior Quality Control Inspector contributes to Lumenera’s quality initiatives by:
- Performing outgoing quality inspection to ensure pre-defined production quality standards are met
- Performing incoming quality inspection to verify that products from suppliers meet Lumenera’s high standards
- Ensuring the inspection of all products are completed on schedule
- Performing quality audits to verify that established procedures are adhered to and communicate audit results to management with suggestions of corrective actions
- Identifying, recording, and processing non-conformances; including taking steps for corrective action
- Recommending and initiating process improvements - make suggestions to adapt practices to current needs
- Reviewing, providing feedback and assisting in the creation of quality documents for the following:
- New Product Introduction (NPI) quality documents
- Existing QC product documents
- QC process documents
- Calibrating and maintaining all QC test equipment as required
- Recommending and providing feedback on department goals, direction, and short falls
- Provide feedback to your manager on concerns and issues
- Training and development
- Helping with training and development as required
- Setting training requirements and goals
- Preparing training documents and sessions, documenting completed training
- Monitoring team members to ensure the training provided is being put into use, and to determine if additional training is needed
- Coordinating with internal and external customers/suppliers as necessary
- Assisting in the development of pass/fail criteria with the goal of removing all subjectivity where possible
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in a Senior QC role
- A solid understanding of customer expectations and company processes in a manufacturing environment
- Proven computer skills
- Experience with an ERP
- Demonstrated flexibility within a fast-paced challenging environment
- A customer focused attitude which translates into action
- Ability to perform tasks requiring the use of technical training and judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers
- Ability to make independent judgments for subjective calls
- Quick learner with the ability to apply new knowledge to the job in short timelines - Not afraid to ask questions
- Willingness to take initiative and recognize improvements that can be made to the processes/documentation
- Strong follow-up skills
- Keen eye for detail
- A motivated individual who has the ability to work efficiently when times are busy and the initiative to find constructive things to do when times are slow
- The proven ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working in an ISO compliant environment
- Expertise in using inspection equipment such as calipers, micrometers and other mechanical instrumentation
- Experience with Epicor ERP
- At Lumenera the QC function formally reports to the Manufacturing Manager. However, direction from a quality perspective comes from the Product Management team. The QC team has a responsibility to escalate issues/concerns to the Product Management team as needed.
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Mandatory overtime may be required from time to time in the evening and on weekends, as project deliverables demand.
- The employee is responsible for ensuring they have adequate transportation to and from work, for regular and overtime hours.
- The incumbent will be required to lift boxes up to 20lbs in weight, at times overhead onto and off of shelves.
- The incumbent may be required, from time to time, to work alone.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependant on your personal contributions. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks of vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members. Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program available to all employees.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.