Application Engineer, EMEA Territory
Application Engineer, EMEA Territory
Position Name: European Application Engineer
Reports to: VP of Worldwide Sales
Division or Department: Sales
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP]; a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
This position is geared towards partnering with Sales to achieve revenue and profitability targets, with a focus on new design wins while maintaining a high level of support for existing customers. The person in this role will be working in concert with the Sales team in a pre-sales capacity in the EMEA marketplace as well as the technical lead for new and existing customers looking for imaging solutions. This will be in support of direct activities as well as in support of our partner channel. The applicant will also work closely with the Business Development and OEM Sales teams to support custom opportunities.
- Drive the technical qualifications and closure aspects throughout the sales cycle thereby assisting in the attainment of revenue goals and new design wins.
- Build and maintain technical trusted advisor relationships with influential technical decision makers.
- Work with new customers to address their issues and questions in a timely manner to help them through their development cycle as quickly and easily as possible.
- Coordinate with Product Management where customer requirements need feature development, share market insight and assist with the definition of new products.
- Provide product demonstrations and presentations.
- Collaborate with sales management to develop and implement strategies and plans to recapture business losses due to the company's product limitations, and/or pricing issues.
- Frequent customer visits will be required to build necessary relationships, close off on technical questions, position Lumenera as the camera company of choice and win design opportunities.
- Be willing to visit customers directly without Sales attendance when relevant.
- Willingness to travel to head office (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) minimum twice per year.
- Technical Skills:
- Solid technical understanding of the Lumenera product portfolio, imaging market and competitors.
- Ability to explain clearly the technical value propositions of Lumenera and our portfolio.
- Ability to work with customers’ engineers to aid in the specification of new (custom) imaging solutions.
- Ability to work with customers’ technical decision makers to position our product against internal and/or competitive solutions.
- Possess a strong technical background to take on the majority of the technical pre-sale functions for the company in the territory.
- Solid software skills to help our customers with the software integration of OEM products within their solution using the Lumenera API and industry standard camera interfaces.
- Familiarity with C/C++, Visual Basic and other modern programming languages.
- Capable of communicating effectively with all technical disciplines including image sensor technology, FPGA, electronic design and mechanical design.
- Commercial skills:
- Travel to customers and partners is a key element of this role – expect multiple visits per quarter.
- A natural drive to understand customer needs and ability to quantify those needs.
- Ability to know what to say commercially, and what to hand over to the account manager.
- Work with sales to define and assess potential opportunities along with their business cases.
- Strong presentation and written skills
- Ability to take control of a situation quickly and ensure that it is resolved in a timely manner.
- Desire to work in a team-based environment recognizing the geographical limitations.
- A highly positive outlook with a “get it done” attitude.
- Ability to see the “total solution”.