RMA & Manufacturing Technician
Position Name: RMA & Manufacturing Technician
Reports to: RMA & Manufacturing Technician Team Lead
Division or Department: Manufacturing
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Working with Engineering, Manufacturing and our contract manufacturer, the person in this role is key in ensuring company goals are met, customer support is improved and we receive high quality products from our supplier.
- Accountable for the repair and turnaround of all incoming RMA’s within the corporate standard of 5 days for routine RMA's and 5-10 days where complications may require the involvement of the Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) or Engineering.
- Determine root cause of failures, perform board repairs; document and communicate steps to be taken to complete the RMA so that the product can flow through the repair and testing process for return to the Customer.
- Document and identify any patterns of failures working closely with TAC and Engineering to correct any systemic issues found.
- Take information from cases created by TAC in Salesforce and create new RMAs in the companies ERP system.
- Utilize the ERP system to document and update RMA information, status, and special instructions on the RMA module to ensure clear information is passed among the various groups involved in the RMA process.
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is met and exceeded.
- Analyze circuit card failures that are discovered during the manufacturing process and perform the repair or coordinate repair with the contract manufacturer.
- Document and identify any patterns of failures.
- Work with contract manufacturer and/or engineering to develop corrective actions to ensure failures are not repeated.
- Assist the manufacturing team during peak periods to perform board rework or repair on an expedited basis
- Post-secondary education required: (College Diploma – Electronic Engineering Technician.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven technician and assembly capabilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to solder components as small as 0402 size and experience using hot air rework equipment.
- Able to read and understand schematics to aid in the diagnosis of board failures.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact professionally with employees, customers and suppliers.
- Able to work with precision tools and instruments.
- Have a customer focused attitude which translates into action.
- Understand customer expectations and company's processes for manufacturing.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Due to the nature of the position, there must be a willingness to take direction from a variety of people.
- Able to work independently using available resources to find solutions to problems.
- A motivated individual who has the ability to work efficiently when times are busy and the initiative to find constructive things to do when times are slow.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn to work with a variety of test systems: ERP, Salesforce, Jira, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Vista 8 ERP and/or Salesforce
- IPC-A-610 and/or IPC J-STD-001 certification
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- You will be required to use a microscope and soldering iron during the repair of cameras.
- Mandatory overtime may be required from time to time in the evening and on weekends, as project deliverables demand.
- The employee is responsible for ensuring they have adequate transportation to and from work, for regular and overtime hours.
- The incumbent will be required to lift boxes up to 20lbs in weight, at times overhead onto and off of shelves.
- The incumbent may be required, from time to time, to work alone.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependant on your personal contributions. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members. Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program available to all employees.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.