RMA and Manufacturing Technician
Position Name: RMA and Manufacturing Technician
Reports to: RMA and Manufacturing Technician Team Lead
Division or Department: Manufacturing
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronicsare manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment thatreflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of ourwebsite at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP], a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper andits affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Lumenera needs an enthusiastic, hands-on, multi-tasking individual to join our team. Working with Engineering, Manufacturing, and our contract manufacturer, the RMA & ManufacturingTechnician is key in ensuring company goals are met, customer support is improved, and that we receive high quality products from our supplier.
The RMA & Manufacturing Technician contributes to Lumenera’s Manufacturing team by:
- Being accountable for the repair and turnaround of all incoming RMAs within the corporate standard of five days for routine RMAs and 5-10 days where complications may require theinvolvement of the Technical Assistance Centre (TAC) or Engineering.
- Determining the root cause of failures, performing board repairs, and documenting and communicating steps to be taken to complete the RMA so that the product can flow through the repairand testing process for return to the Customer.
- Documenting and identifying any patterns of failures, and working closely with TAC and Engineering to correct any systemic issues found.
- Taking information from cases created by TAC in SalesForce and creating new RMAs in the corporate ERP system.
- Utilizing the ERP system to document and update RMA information, status, and special instructions on the RMA module to ensure clear information is passed to the various groups involvedin the RMA process.
- Ensuring that customer satisfaction is met and exceeded.
- Analyzing circuit card failures that are discovered during the manufacturing process and performing or coordinating repair with the contract manufacturer.
- Documenting and identifying any patterns of failures.
- Working with the contract manufacturer and/or Engineering to develop corrective actions to ensure failures are not repeated.
- Assisting the manufacturing team during peak periods to perform board rework or repair on an expedited basis.
- Post-secondary education required: College Diploma – Electronic Engineering Technician.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with proven technician and assembly capabilities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to solder components as small as 0402 size and experience using hot air rework equipment.
- Able to read and understand schematics to aid in the diagnosis of board failures
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to interact professionally with employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Able to work with precision tools and instruments.
- Have a customer-focused attitude which translates into action.
- Understand customer expectations and company processes for manufacturing.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Due to the nature of the position, there must be a willingness to take direction from a variety of people.
- Able to work independently using available resources to find solutions to problems.
- A motivated individual who has the ability to work efficiently when times are busy and the initiative to find constructive things to do when times are slow.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn to work with a variety of test systems: ERP, SalesForce, Jira, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Vista 8 ERP and/or SalesForce
- IPC-A-610 and/or IPC J-STD-001 certification
The employee will be required to:
- Work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Use a microscope and soldering iron during the repair of cameras.
- Lift boxes up to 20lbs in weight, at times overhead onto and off of shelves.
- Work alone from time to time.
- Undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
- Work mandatory overtime in the evening and on weekends, as project deliverables demand.
The employee is also responsible for ensuring they have adequate transportation to and from work for regular and overtime hours.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions. We also provide employees with five paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.
In most positions, we offer three weeks’ vacation to start, and four weeks after five years of continuous service.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a three-month wait period.