Position Name: Production Planner
Reports to: VP of Manufacturing
Division or Department: Production
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP]; a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, the incumbent will perform various duties related to planning production builds of Lumenera cameras.
Lumenera places high importance on manufacturing quality products and building and maintaining good customer relationships. The individual hired for this position will strive to help Lumenera achieve these goals throughout their daily work.
- Responsible for the development of the production schedule and manufacturing plan consistent with finished product demand, resource availability, and inventory level objectives
- Work with Production Team Lead to meet scheduling and production needs
- Prepare and publish daily production schedules
- Analyze production requirements and plant capacity to determine both immediate and future human resource requirements
- Issue raw material releases to suppliers in accordance with inventory policies and production schedule requirements
- Weekly review of inventory against planned consumption, work with Supply Chain Specialist to generate purchase orders as required
- Interface with the Warehousing Team to proactively resolve any potential Material Kit issues
- Maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring orders are scheduled within 24 - 48 hours of receipt
- Communicate expected delays/deviations in a timely manner with all stakeholders
- Maintain a level loaded capacity plan
- Manage the build and capacity plan to meet customer committed ship dates while working with stakeholders
- Maintain stock levels of finished goods required to meet business objectives
- Analyze the sales forecast and highlight capacity or material constraints
- Host weekly production planning meetings with the order fulfillment team to review and highlight any issues with the current schedule
- Analyze inventory and capacity levels based on past usage and projected demand
- Provide the sales team with lead time quotes for potential orders based on material availability and capacity
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the overall planning process consistent with continuous improvement goals
- 3+ years production planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience participating in process improvement initiatives
- Able to use and work effectively with ERP / MRP systems
- Experience reading, approving and implementing Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to share information and viewpoints openly and directly with others
- Strong organizational/time management skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Solid problem solving & prioritization skills with the ability to make sound decisions in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office – specifically Excel/Outlook
- Self starter, ability to multi task, strong leadership capabilities
- Solution oriented approach to issues that arise with excellent follow-up skills to ensure issues are resolved
- Experience using Epicor Vista/Vantage ERP system
- APICS certification/enrolment
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- Travel requirements are minimal and usually confined to local destinations
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
We offer 3 weeks’ vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.