Position Name: Office Administrator
Reports to: Finance Manager
Division or Department: Finance
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
This is an all-encompassing position ideal for someone who loves to keep busy in a dynamic environment. The Office Administrator enthusiastically takes care of all of the little things that keep a business going. You will be primarily responsible for owning the accounts payable cycle as well as managing the front desk and facility. You possess a sense of urgency and can juggle changing priorities as needed, and you take pride in your work with keen attention to detail. When you see something that needs to be done, you take the initiative. Lumenera is a growing company and there will be opportunities for growth within this position.
- Completes all aspects of the Accounts Payables including: Entering invoices, preparing cheques and wire transfers, and answering vendor inquiries.
- Maintains spread sheets for all corporate credit cards by entering receipts and reconciling on a monthly basis.
- Greets visitors at reception, answers phone calls and maintains the visitors’ log book.
- Manages all aspects of the facility which includes reporting issues to the landlord, directing maintenance staff, and managing contractor and vendor relationships.
- Takes ownership of the phone and security systems by setting up new employees, training staff, and contacting vendors if issues arise.
- Provides administrative support to Sales, Marketing, and Executive teams which includes booking travel arrangements, arranging luncheons, notifying staff of customer visits, and assisting with ad hoc requests as they arise.
- Performs general errands as required such as purchasing food/snacks for meetings and events, restocking beverages, kitchen and office supplies, and keeping common areas of the office tidy during the day.
- Participates as an employee representative on the Joint Health & Safety Committee conducting monthly site inspections, updating reports and escalating potential issues as they arise.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible; must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and proficient with other Microsoft Office tools (in particular Excel) as well as the aptitude to learn other software
- A valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle
- College Diploma in Administration or related field
- Experience using an ERP system, i.e. SAP
- The incumbent will be required to sit at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- The incumbent will be required to lift up to 20lbs
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.