Marketing Technical Content Specialist
Position Name: Marketing Technical Content Specialist
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Division or Department: Marketing
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronics are manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment that reflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP], a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper and its affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Lumenera needs an enthusiastic, innovative, hands-on, multi-tasking individual to join our team to develop quality technically-oriented content to drive Lumenera’s content marketing objectives.
The focus is on executing a timely technical content strategy that reinforces Lumenera’s position as an imaging subject matter expert, supporting marketing in its effort to generate new inbound leads through the creation of compelling technical content that engages and speaks to our target audience.
Using your prior experience in a technical role, you will work autonomously to learn about the technologies and related applications in order to effectively generate content with little reliance on or input from others.
The Marketing Technical Content Specialist contributes to Lumenera’s marketing program by:
- Working closely with the Marketing and Product Management teams as well as other departments to develop compelling technical content
- Developing and maintaining a content calendar
- Outlining, researching, and creating a variety of engaging content, including website content, application notes, blogs, webinars, videos, articles, white papers, and editorial content
- Optimizing content for search engines (SEO) and user experience
- Analyzing the ROI of the content strategy and making recommendations for improvements
- Remaining up-to-date on current content marketing trends and emerging technology in the imaging industry to create relevant engaging content
- Deliverables include:
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- Application Notes
- Product Comparison Reports
- Presentations and Webinars
- Training Materials
- Product Videos
- Blog Content
- Editorial Content
- ROI Reports
- General Marketing Copy
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, or Science
- Experience in a technical role, i.e. Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer
- 5+ years of technical content management for both internal and external audiences
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively craft meaningful, original messages and conduct public presentations that convey desired messages
- Ability to translate complex information into clear messages for various audiences
- Recognized as a subject matter expert and go to person for all technical communication needs
- Passion for learning "how stuff works," documentation, and content management
- Comfortable digging in at the technical level and learning the products in detail to work as autonomously as possible
- Self-starter comfortable learning in new technical domains
- Positive attitude while displaying flexibility and patience in interactions with others
- Candidates must have writing and other content samples to present during the interview
- Digital imaging experience
- Proficient in a variety of content management and authoring tools
- Photography and video production
The employee will be required to:
- Work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- Travel to client sites or trade shows may be required. For this reason, candidates must possess a valid passport and driver’s license
- Undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions. We also provide employees with five paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.
In most positions, we offer three weeks’ vacation to start, and four weeks after five years of continuous service.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a three-month wait period.