Technical Content Specialist
Position Name: Technical Content Specialist
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Division or Department: Marketing
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Technical Content Specialist will take the lead on creating technically-oriented content for a variety of marketing tools.
As a key member of the marketing team, the successful candidate will quickly gain Lumenera product and solution knowledge and combine this with market and technical research to create timely content that reinforces Lumenera’s position as an imaging expert. The role requires a highly organized and motivated individual with excellent written and verbal skills, creativity, and the ability to understand new technology quickly and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Generate written content targeting external audiences. This includes: blogs, white papers, application notes, articles, case studies, website content, webinars, videos, and any other editorial content that maybe required.
- Stay current on relevant imaging trends and technologies, and recommend content to capitalize on them.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar, plan project milestones, and manage timelines with the VP of Marketing.
- Manage all aspects of the content’s digital delivery including website and social media platforms.
- Analyze the ROI of the content strategy and making recommendations for improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Engineering), or equivalent experience in technical content writing
- 3+ years of technical writing experience or experience in a technical role (e.g. Sales Engineer, Applications Engineer, Product Specialist)
- Proven ability to turn technical detail into engaging copy that is accessible to a range of audiences
- Curious, creative, proactive, and able to contribute ideas that improve content and strategic results
- Accustomed to working under pressure and to short deadlines
- Adept at using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Candidates must provide writing and other content samples during the interview
- Photography and video production
- Understanding of SEO and how to leverage Google Analytics
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- Travel to client sites or trade shows may be required. For this reason, candidates must possess a valid passport and driver’s license
- Undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions. We also provide employees with five paid sick days in lieu of Short Term Disability.
In most positions, we offer three weeks’ vacation to start, and four weeks after five years of continuous service.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a three-month wait period.
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronics are manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment that reflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies Inc. [NYSE – ROP], a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper and its affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.