Position Name: Marketing Manager
Reports to: President
Division or Department: Marketing
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
As the Marketing Manager you will play a key role in the company’s success, working closely with the Sales and Product Management teams. Major emphasis for this dynamic, multi-tasking position will be on supporting sales growth and effectively promoting and expanding awareness of the company’s products and services. You will be responsible for driving lead generation campaigns, as well as developing communication strategies that will be implemented in internal and external-facing materials.
The Marketing Manager independently owns various aspects of the company’s marketing communications activities, including:
- Developing and facilitating the annual marketing plan (including global events calendar), keeping in line with budget, corporate and sales objectives, translating objectives and strategies to develop brand and facilitate business growth.
- Managing lead generation activities including ROI and monthly operating reports.
- Working closely with Product Managers and agencies to develop tools, resources, and programs that enhance product sales and support new product launches.
- Identifying and developing sales tools vehicles, implementing and ensuring consistency of messaging, website, PPT decks, datasheets, solution sheets, and multimedia tools.
- Overseeing corporate communications activities.
- Managing corporate website, working with the marketing team to create and publish content.
- Writing and distributing press releases and being a key media spokesperson for Lumenera.
- Working collaboratively with the Sales team to support sales engagements with relevant materials.
- Administering the marketing and sales database, including mailing list applications, reports, etc.
- Developing, drafting and/or reviewing promotional and marketing materials.
- Work with consultants to manage, execute and implement SEO strategies. (Familiarity with Google Analytics and Webmaster tools is essential).
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and development.
- Work closely with the Technical Content Specialist to develop content that effectively informs, educates, and drives engagement for Lumenera customers and prospects.
- Overseeing the Marketing Department including supervision of the team, and managing day-to-day activities.
- A minimum of eight years hands-on marketing industry experience in a mid-size company (preferably in a high-tech organization).
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications or Advertising preferred.
- Excellent organizational, reporting, project and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution.
- Ability to manage and maximize budgets.
- Work within tight time lines and execute quickly and efficiently.
- Hunger to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth environment.
- Experience in database marketing/management and web marketing.
- Solid communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, including grammar, editing and proofreading.
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative with outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task and work independently are essential.
- Knowledge of digital cameras and the imaging industry.
- Accustomed to a technical environment.
- Lead generation management and campaign execution.
- Experience with graphic layout applications, i.e. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Experience with a website CMS, such as Magento.
- The incumbent will be required to sit at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Most employees reside in their own hard wall offices.
- The incumbent will be required to lift boxes up to 20lbs in weight, at times overhead onto and off of shelves.
- The incumbent may be required, from time to time, to work alone in our secondary production facility.
- Travel to client sites or trade shows may be required. For this reason, incumbents must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.