Marketing Communications Specialist
Position Name: Marketing Communications Specialist
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Division or Department: Marketing
Lumenera designs, manufactures, and markets high performance digital cameras and custom imaging solutions for industrial and scientific applications. From ensuring consumer electronics are manufactured without flaws to early cancer diagnosis, Lumenera cameras are used in countless imaging solutions around the world where high performance is critical.
Recognized as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, we value the contribution of each member of our team and maintain a positive and rewarding working environment that reflects this.
- Competitive compensation, performance incentives, and investment program
- An active social calendar with regular activities and special events throughout the year to celebrate our efforts
- Personal and professional development program
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Charitable donations program and fitness benefit
- A cubicle-free working environment where everybody gets their own space
Lumenera is proud to have been recognized by OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year,’ by the Ottawa Business Journal for ‘Fastest Growing Company,’ by Frost and Sullivan for ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year,’ and by the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce with an award for ‘Exporter of the Year.’ To learn more, please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Industries Inc. [NYSE – ROP], a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. We leverage Roper and its affiliates to expand our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Lumenera needs an enthusiastic, innovative, hands-on, multi-tasking individual to join our team to help us drive our global marketing program. The focus is supporting sales growth and expanding awareness of Lumenera’s products and solutions through industry events, our website, social media, lead generation, and content marketing.
The Marketing Communications Specialist role contributes to Lumenera’s marketing program with:
- Trade show and conference planning and execution
- Budgeting and all show logistics including shipping
- Messaging and graphics
- Show promotion (email, social media, website, ads)
- Conduct staff briefings and post show reviews
- Onsite set up and support as needed (including booth demos, associated equipment, and collateral)
- Booking speaking opportunities
- Providing event metrics
- Creating online and print customer-facing materials and sales tools (content writing / editing and graphic design / layout) such as datasheets, brochures, case studies, videos presentations, advertisements)
- Ensuring delivery on Lumenera’s global promotions program by meeting regular deadlines for product listings, article content, online and print advertisements
- Writing and logistics for website, blog, and membership directories
- Maintaining lead generation and management database
- Executing customer and partner communications programs including email, webinars, and surveys
- Drafting and distributing quarterly newsletter including layout and delivery
- Assisting with online initiatives including SEO and social media campaigns
- Managing marketing project budgets, monitoring spend and evaluating/reporting on effectiveness
- Delivering metrics and ROI on marketing projects
- Monitoring vendor and service provider effectiveness in cost, quality, and delivery
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience as a Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Communications Specialist with demonstrated success in event planning and creation of print and online marketing material
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing or Communications
- Proficient in entire Adobe Creative Suite including: Photoshop, InDesign, PremierPro, Dreamweaver
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in event planning and execution with a track record of completing projects on time and within budget
- Experience with website layout and design, and experience with modern content management systems (must also be proficient in HTML)
- Experience using CRM software for lead management and reporting
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational, reporting, project, and time management skills
- Solid communicator with exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English, including grammar, editing, and proofreading
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and creative with outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently are essential
- Candidates must have a portfolio (including: writing samples, event plans, and marketing collateral) to present during the interview
- Experience with SalesForce
- Experience with marketing automation platforms
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO
- Comfortable in a highly-technical environment
- Knowledge of digital cameras and the imaging industry
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
We offer 3 weeks’ vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.