Human Resources Administrator
Position Name: Human Resources Administrator
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Division or Department: Human Resources
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Lumenera has an opening for an experienced Human Resources Administrator who will manage the day-to-day recruiting and onboarding efforts. The incumbent will work with the Director of Human Resources to drive and support recruiting and onboarding initiatives within the organization with the goal of building a strong workforce that adds to the company’s bottom line.
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to design and implement overall recruiting strategy
- Post positions using various sources; social media networks, job boards, employee referrals
- Screen incoming resumes
- Schedule job interviews and assist in interview process
- Conduct reference checks
New Employee Orientation
- Ensure resources for new hires are prepared in a timely manner
- Work with hiring manager to develop orientation schedule, including Lumenera University
- Provide initial orientation including review of the HR Orientation package, office tour, etc.
- Prepare new employee files
- Oversee the completion of payroll and benefit documentation
Further assignments and projects initiated as required.
- 3 – 5 years in a hands-on role with a degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Solid ability to conduct interviews
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
- Experience with high tech and manufacturing environments
- Good understanding of relevant legislation, standards, etc.
- Professional, can-do attitude with a willingness to wear many hats
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills
- A cheerful, responsible, highly customer service oriented individual
- Proficient with the Office suite of products, with the aptitude to learn other software.
- Experience in the full HR cycle: recruitment to exit
- CHRP designation
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience. For this position, it will be comprised of a base salary.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision).
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year. Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees. All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.