FPGA Design Engineer
FPGA Design Engineer
Position Name: FPGA Design Engineer
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Division or Department: Engineering
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Lumenera has an immediate opening for an experienced FPGA Design Engineer who will work as part of the product development team, designing our next generation cameras and imaging systems. Responsibilities will include FPGA specific requirements generation, design documentation, HDL coding in Verilog, simulation, test vector generation and lab integration.
- Analyze and modify existing FPGA designs including testing and debugging
- Complete FPGA hardware designs, ranging from simple designs to complex systems
- Work with project leader to create schedules and list of deliverables
- Create high level block diagrams and all necessary design documentation
- Develop and document RTL code to implement designs
- Evaluate, select and license 3rd party cores as may be required
- Create detailed test benches and perform verification including detailed timing analysis
- Create detailed test plans
- Work as part of a cross functional project team (software, hardware, mechanical), relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- B.Eng. (EE) or equivalent
- 7+ years’ experience with RTL design
- Experience using toolsets such as; Quartis II, Xilinx ISE Design Suite, Vivado, and Active-HDL
- Complex FPGA design, using Verilog HDL
- Experience with Altera Cyclone FPGAs, Xilinx Spartan and Xilinx 7 Series FPGAs
- Experience with embedded processors such as; Nios II, and Microblaze
- Experience coding digital interfaces such as DDR, SPI, and I2C
- Experience with high speed digital design
- Architecture design including FPGA component selection
- Design techniques and practices for EMC
- Working knowledge and a demonstrable ability to use lab equipment such as oscilloscopes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical, Logical, Innovative thinker
- Self-directed and enthusiastic team player with a strong motivation to succeed
- Reliable and well organized
- Experience with SoC is highly desirable
- Familiar with OrCad design tools
- Familiarity with SystemVerilog
- Image processing algorithms
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits:
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.