Embedded Software Developer
Position Name: Embedded Software Developer
Reports to: Software Development Manager
Division or Department: Engineering
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
Lumenera has an immediate opening for an Embedded Software Developer who will work as part of the product development software team.
The candidate shall use their software development skills for:
- Developing embedded software for Lumenera cameras
- Contributing to the design of new camera hardware
- Developing software using FPGA design boards
- B.Sc., B.Eng. or equivalent
- At least 3 years software development experience
- Proficient in C++
- Experience developing low-level software and firmware
- Experience with microprocessors (e.g. ARM, MIPS)
- Exposure to developing embedded software for FPGAs with processor cores (e.g. Zynq, Cyclone V)
- Committed to quality structured software development practices
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Real-time operating systems
- Image processing software (e.g. OpenCV)
- Parallel processing software (e.g. OpenCL, CUDA)
- Windows and Linux
- Testing frameworks (e.g. Google Test, Google Mock)
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependant on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.