Director of Sales, Scientific OEM North America
Director of Sales - Scientific OEM North America
Position Name: Director of Sales – Scientific OEM North America
Reports to: Vice President Worldwide Sales
Division or Department: Sales
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Director of Sales – Scientific OEM, to help grow our OEM business within the Americas with a strong focus on North America. The scientific camera market is a growing segment using advanced vision technology to implement life sciences instruments, medical imaging, physics, material research, ophthalmology, pathology and other advanced applications. Significant experience in sales is required, as is knowledge of the camera marketplaces which we serve. You’ll spend the majority of your time dedicated to outbound hunting via telephone, email, trade show, and customer site visits to develop new opportunities, and a smaller portion of your time qualifying and converting new business from inbound leads. We have high expectations but offer room for personal and professional growth within our fast-paced company.
The individual must be results driven and have the ability to contribute to a highly motivated and quality organization. This translates into a high level of personal value-add, strong teamwork and capacity to adapt in a fast moving environment. The candidate should have practical experience implementing successful and results driven sales strategy, be known as a “hunter” of new business, and be able to work with a minimum of supervisory direction. The goal is find and convert larger OEM opportunities into significant billing customers.
This position is located in the USA or in Canada.
- Responsible for scientific OEM sales in the Americas.
- Focus will be identifying and cultivating new OEM business, with a heavy emphasis on “hunting” for new business opportunities.
- Responsible for managing relationships through regular contact to ensure ongoing satisfaction, scheduling of orders, and opportunity for new project business.
- Represent Company at trade shows to promote company and product.
- Develop and maintain sales forecasts and submit to the VP of Sales weekly.
- Requires regular maintenance of customer and lead records in our CRM database (Salesforce.com).
- Keep current on local market conditions, competitor operations, and other significant factors that would be an opportunity or threat for our business.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales to develop effective short and long term strategies to profitably grow the OEM business, including:
- New product development opportunities with OEM customers.
- Research into existing and new markets
- Research into the local competitive landscape
- Execute regional development plans to reach specified growth targets and objectives
- Establish and maintain a high level of quality and professional service to customers.
- Ten (10) years of commercial sales experience, including five (5) years of major accounts sales of scientific cameras or related products.
- Proven sales ability with high-level corporate contacts as well as experience selling technology solutions to large accounts.
- The ability to forecast and assess revenue opportunities is an important skill as well as demonstrated success in driving and meeting revenue targets.
- Proven track record of new account identification, development and closure.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills. Must build confidence with decision makers.
- Position will require a good grasp of technical camera and related-applications knowledge.
- BSc. or equivalent in a scientific/technical discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, etc.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability to contribute and execute on business plans.
- Team oriented. Excellent interpersonal skills. Must work cooperatively with others.
- Travel: Within North America (approximately 30-40%).
- Experience using a CRM database.
- A M.Sc. or Ph.D. Degree in a scientific discipline would be an asset.
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
The following benefits are applicable to candidates located in Canada. Benefit packages for those located in the US will vary state to state.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks’ vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.