Director of Product Management
Position Name: Director of Product Management
Reports to: President
Division or Department: Product Management
Lumenera Corporation is a leading developer and manufacturer of high performance digital cameras and custom/OEM imaging solutions used worldwide for industrial, scientific, surveillance and astro applications. Lumenera is seeking innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join our team who will help us drive next generation products and achieve corporate goals. Are you ready to make a difference in the world of digital imaging?
Recognized two years in a row as one of the National Capital Region’s Top 25 Employers, Lumenera is proud to offer a positive and rewarding workplace for our valued employees. Best-practices in place today include: financial benefits through share purchase plan options and year-end bonuses; matching RSP plan; three weeks paid vacation, increasing to four weeks after five years tenure; training for personal and professional development; hosted social employee appreciation nights every Friday with complementary snacks, beverages and activities; and special events throughout the year to recognize and reward employee efforts.
Lumenera has enjoyed great success, receiving awards from OCRI for ‘Technology Company of the Year’, Ottawa Business Journal’s ‘Fastest Growing Company’, Frost and Sullivan’s ‘Entrepreneurial Company of the Year’, and an award for ‘Exporter of the Year’ from the Greater Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. These numerous accomplishments contribute to the exciting atmosphere Lumenera offers its employees. To learn more about our awards and accomplishments please visit the News & Events area of our website at www.lumenera.com.
Lumenera is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies (NYSE: ROP); a diversified industrial company that produces engineered products for niche markets. Lumenera leverages Roper and its affiliates, further expanding our reach with access to their global supply chain.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for the strategic product direction of the company as well as the management of Lumenera’s existing products through the entire product lifecycle.
- Gather and prioritize market needs and business requirements.
- Transform business requirements into detailed product requirements and formal business cases.
- Lead cross-functional teams in product definition, design and launch.
- Interface with Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Project Management, NPI, etc. to move projects forward to successful and on-time delivery/releases/launches.
- Prioritize product development initiatives and customer requests.
- Manage tradeoffs and dependencies to achieve successful end results.
- Manage partnership programs and relationships with 3rd party partners.
- Perform risk buy analysis and substantiate with supporting data.
- Manage and provide daily supervision to the Technical Product Manager and the Technical Content Specialist
- Deliverables include:
- Win/Loss analysis
- Product Roadmap/Portfolio
- Business Cases
- Marketing collateral and sales tools
- Launch Plans
- Product End of Life Plans
- Buy, Build or Partner Decisions
- Coach the Technical Product Expert function on new product features and capabilities.
- 7+ years progressive product management experience in product or brand management combined with a strong financial understanding of product pricing, margins, budgets, etc.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a demanding, multi-faceted matrix organization (many stakeholders across different disciplines).
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Analytically focused, but also a creative thinker.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to set priorities, balance time to market with solutions, make the right trade-offs if necessary, perform risk assessment, and produce timely results.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Must have the ability to work across all departments seamlessly, while building strong internal and external relationships through outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office software including spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation.
- Team leadership/management experience.
- Digital Imaging Experience
- The incumbent will be required to work at a computer workstation for several hours at a time.
- Travel to client sites or trade shows will be required. For this reason, incumbents must possess a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Every employee is required to undergo a security assessment which is conducted by Lumenera Designated Officers as per the requirements of the Controlled Goods Program.
Compensation and Benefits
Lumenera offers competitive salaries that are commensurate with experience.
We are pleased to offer our employees a comprehensive medical benefits program (health, dental, vision), as well as a group RRSP program, which matches up to 3% of your base salary, but is dependent on your personal contributions.
In most positions, we offer 3 weeks vacation to start, and 4 weeks after 5 years of continuous service. We also provide employees with 5 paid sick days per year.
Lumenera also has a Charitable Donations program and a Fitness Benefit available to all employees.
All of these benefits are available to employees after a 3-month wait period.
We have an established Joint Health & Safety Committee as well as a Social Committee, which are both comprised of volunteer members.
All valid and approved business related expenses will be reimbursed to the employee.